Friday, September 11, 2009

Projecitve Test

What do you think of the analysis given at the end? What do you agree or disagree with?
I do agree with the analysis at the end of the projective test. I feel that what I wrote down did not correspond with the meaning of my answer. For example, the question about the cup and what you would do with it, I put that it was dirty and that I would leave it on the ground. The corresponding meaning was how you view your religion. I feel that my religious view do not reflect that meaning. I guess that it really depends how you answer the question, as far as if you are being very specific or not.
How could the projective technique be used in BUSINESS research? Refer to other types of projective techniques. Be specific; use examples.
Projective techniques are very helpful when using business research. Sentence completion method is a very simple way to get a quick and easy response. Also, it allows for the researcher to find different categories for this information. Word association is when the subject is presented with a list of words are asked to say the first word that come to mind. This helps the research find thoughts the subject thinks about.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the religion portion of the analysis. I too am a very religious person and feel this was completely inaccurate. As for the second question, I do believe those techniques are quite relavent, however, I think the T.A.T would be most helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,

    I agree with you on the religion portion of the analysis. I agree that the techniques you named may all be effective. As I noted on Cody's blog, I agree that thematic appreciation technique would be the most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both posts. I think that there was no correlation to what I put as answers on some of the questions and what the underlying meaning was supposed to be. I also agree that word association would be a great way to help find out what people think about a business and I also agree that sentence completion would help find different categories for the information ( the quick and easy response.)

    ReplyDelete